Navigate salon ownership hurdles with Phil Jackson's expert tips on financials and staffing.
1. Recognise and celebrate your achievements as a salon owner, even during tough times like the pandemic.
2. Consider transitioning to a flat-rate rental model for self-employed staff to ensure predictable income and legal clarity.
3. Clearly differentiate between employed and self-employed staff to avoid potential tax issues with HMRC.
4. If self-employed staff are not profitable or cohesive with the team, reassess their role and consider changes for business efficiency.
5. Rekindle your passion for your salon business to ensure its success and create a positive environment for clients and staff.