Join us for an inspiring chat, unlocking the secrets of performance management. Learn, laugh, and boost your salon's success in this engaging episode
1. Performance Management in Salons: Effective performance management requires a three-part structure: understanding what has been achieved, what is yet to be achieved, and what support team members need. For salons, four key performance measures are essential: service uptake, client retention, client loyalty, and retail.
2. The Importance of Feedback: Providing constructive feedback to team members is crucial for continuous improvement. Topics to discuss can include the three-part structure of performance management.
3. The Role of Measures in Salon Performance: The episode underscores the importance of measuring performance in the salon industry. From service uptake, client retention, client loyalty, to retail, all these measures provide insight into a salon's performance.
4. Utilisation as a Performance Measure: The utilisation measure, which refers to how much of a stylist or therapist's time is booked with paying customers, is critical in getting a more rounded picture of a salon's performance. This measure helps in accounting for any promotional activity that a salon might be doing.
5. Focus on One Measure at a Time: For effective coaching and manageable improvement, the episode recommends focusing on improving one measure at a time. Once there is improvement in that measure, then the focus can shift to another one. This strategy ensures that the improvement process is not overwhelming and is manageable.